Summertime Drinks 🍹
Get your drink on! It’s the summer time sweetie and it is hot. London’s heat wave has been a killer. After a long day of riding on the tube and trekking back to your flat; sit back, relax, and make yourself a drink. Here our drink inspirations to fit your day to day Yull aesthetic.Lavender Lemonade Martini
For the lavender simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 sprigs of culinary lavender
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz vodka, chilled
- Sugar for rimming
- Additional lavender sprigs
- Lemon slices, halved
To Make the Simple Syrup:
- Combine the sugar and water in a pot on the stove and bring to a boil; cook only until the sugar is dissolved. Add lavender sprigs and allow to cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- Rim the edge of two martini glasses with a lemon slice and dip the edge into sugar (I like cake decorating sugar with larger crystals)
- Strain the lavender simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and add the lemon juice and vodka. Shake until VERY cold.
- Pour the lemonade/vodka mixture through a strainer into a cocktail glass. I prefer it without ice but if you prefer, put some crushed ice into the glass first.
- Garnish with lavender sprigs and lemon slices.
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup guava nectar
- 3 oz white rum
- 2 oz seltzer water
- lime slices , for garnish
- fresh guava , sliced, for garnish
- mint , for garnish
- In a cocktail glass, add mint leaves, sugar and lime juice.
- Muddle together until the mint leaves are bruised to release the mint flavor. Then, add the guava nectar and rum. Mix with a spoon until sugar has dissolved.
- Add seltzer water and ice.
- Garnish with lime slices, guava and a mint sprig. Serve immediately.
Fresh Frozen Blueberry Lime Margarita
- 2cups ice
- 3oz Triple Sec
- 3oz Blue Curacao
- 5oz Tequila
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½tbsp fresh blueberries extra for garnish
- ½lime peeled & extra for garnish
- Kosher or sea salt for rimming the glasses
- Rub the rim of two margarita glasses with a lime wedge. Swirl the rims through a small pile of kosher or sea salt.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with blueberries and lime.
Sparkling Watermelon Punch Bowl
Serving Size: 12
- 1 oblong seedless watermelon (about 8 pounds)
- 3 cups vodka of your choice (I recommend Tito’s)
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups club soda
- For garnish: (optional)
- Fresh mint
- Lime slices
- Slice the top sixth of your watermelon lengthwise using a sharp knife. (Don’t worry if it’s not exactly a sixth. Just cut a “lid” off that exposes enough of the melon to hollow it out easily, okay?) Please do this sober.
- Scoop out the flesh of the watermelon until the rind is left with minimal pink showing.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the watermelon in batches. Strain the puree through a fine mesh strainer, and discard the solids. You should be left with about 9 cups of watermelon juice.
- Pour the watermelon juice back into the watermelon punch bowl. Add the vodka, lime juice and club soda and stir to combine.
- Go trashy: Add ice to your sparkling watermelon punch bowl along with as many straws as you like. Get your friends. Get weird.
- Go classy: Ladle punch over ice and garnish with fresh mint and lime slices.