Time for Ice cream🍦
- 500 grams strawberries
- 175 grams caster sugar (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 500 mililitres double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 10 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- chop the strawberries, put in a bowl and sprinkle over the 2 tablespoons of caster sugar, let the mixture sit for 30 minutes.
- Pour the milk and cream into a heavy-based saucepan, and add vanilla. Bring the pan nearly to the boil and then take it off the heat and leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg yolks and the 175g / ¾ cup sugar until thick. Take the vanilla pod out and pour, while whisking, pour the warm liquid over the yolks. Put the pan back on the heat with the cream, milk, egg and sugar mixture and stir the custard until it thickens, then take it off the heat and pour it into a bowl to cool.
- Puree the strawberries in a processor, and when the custard is cool fold in the lemon juice and strawberry puree.
- Freeze the ice cream in an ice-cream maker, or in a plastic tub in the freezer. If you do the latter you should whip it out every hour for 3 hours as it freezes and give it a good beating, either with an electric whisk, by hand or in the processer.
- 2 cups nonfat milk or 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1.In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved.
2.Color to your liking with the green food coloring.
3.Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
4.About 10 minutes into the freezing, add the chocolate chips.
5.About 30 minutes later, after the ice cream has thickened, spoon into a container and freeze for 2 hours.
Have fun making your own ice cream! Post a picture and tag us @yullshoes on your social media pages if you try them out!